Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to School

So I'm back in Arkansas. My X-Mas break was terrible. I stayed with my sister and I did enjoy being around her and my niece and nephew but those kids are too much for me. Oakland is the same ol 'there-go-college-girl, she-aint-nobody, police-shooting-people-while-they're-down, crabs-in-a-barrel-syndrome' city. I don't mean to sound so pessimistic but dayum (I meant, dang.) Will it ever change? Can I go home and not be seen as fake or phony because I decided to leave? Will the OPD ever start protecting the citizens instead of killing the innocent? College is becoming more than a place of higher learning. It's becoming my oasis. My refuge. The one thing that is keeping me sane. When I go home, I feel so hopeless. When I'm here, I feel like anything is possible. I don't know whether I'm leaving something behind or just run away from it? Is there a difference? Does it matter?

My goals 09 post is coming up!

No comments: