Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Philander Smith College

I'm just now coming back from our Bless The Mic session (go here to learn more about it http://www.philander.edu/lecture-series/ ) featuring Dr. Julia Hare, who is one of my new idols (right up there with Michelle Obama). The lecture was amazing and at the end, the adults who attended this free lecture were encouraged to buy some of Dr. Hare's books for us(us as in us students...It's late..I'm tired LoL) . Most of the adult attendees were alumni and faculty. I think there was around 100 students in the room and I doubt that even one left without a book. My book is called The Endangered Black Family: Coping with the Unisexualization and Coming Extinction of the Black Race (aint that deep? ). A woman who used to be a faculty member bought it for me.

Is this typical of colleges? I truly doubt it.

No comments: