Thursday, January 22, 2009

...I'm slipping.

As soon as I'm done writing this, I'll start on my Marriage & Family homework. Since I'm trying to self-regulate and cease ill habits from jump, I'll admit that I've missed two classes. I skipped my Marriage & Family class yesterday because I didn't finish my homework and today, I over slept and missed my Mental/Physical/Community Health class. I've been laggin' on my homework too.... Since I'm catching on to this, I'm going to sit here w/ a pix of me when I was young. I think it will help me stay focused.

Any encouraging words?

P.S. Yes, that is probably dry snot in my nose. I WAS YOUNG!!! ...and please forgive the neon pink and green scrunchie too.

1 comment:

Nancy Davis Kho said...

Hi Sade - from your Oakland fan club - you've stopped slipping when you say you have. So you missed a class? Big deal. Go to the next one. It's early in the semester, and if it's a big deal then you still have time to talk to the professor and ask how to makeup for it. Professors respect someone who asks for help fixing their problems, not someone who lets the problem get the best of them.

This is your chance, and one little screw-up (or two or three) aren't enough to stop the momentum you've built thus far. Keep at it. And while you're keeping at it, are you taking any writing classes? You are really, really good at it - find a professor or class that will let you know just how good!