Monday, March 16, 2009

So...

(sorry for the lack of posts...school is tearing me down! I'm still standing though...)

...I'm thinking about writing a book. Not an autobiography though. LoL...I can't stand that people know as much as they do about me. I want to write a fiction. A novel, I guess. What do ya'll think? Would I really be able to make money writing a book? (Hate to sound money-hungry but we are in a recession LoL) Would anyone read it? Once I finish it, then what? Do I slap on a title page, staple the pages together and sale them myself? SOOO MANY QUESTIONS...

In the meantime, check out some true goofyness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=69152872789&ref=nf

2 comments:

random said...

I say GO AHEAD AND WRITE IT!! I wanted to write a book also, a book of poems that relate to my life. Haven't gotten started yet, I'm wayy to busy right now

Nancy Davis Kho said...

Hey Sade - if you want to write a book then you go ahead and do it. No one can tell your story but you.

BUT! I have to say that if you're doing it to make money, it's a lot easier to paint houses or sell shoes or do ANYTHING besides write. Thanks to the internet, no one wants to pay to read anymore, so the market for publishing contracts is tougher than ever.

Luckily, if you're a writer in your heart, you'll know because that news won't discourage you. Writers write. That's what we do, and we're helpless not to. We know that it is hard, hard work in a way that readers (by that I mean people who aren't writers) never comprehend. And we do it anyway.

I for one would love to read your work - happy to give you feedback on drafts etc! I think you're very skilled, from your blog posts, and that this is something you should pursue.